Monday, June 18, 2012

Love Letters and 10 Years

Hello friends, Heather here with a fun project I am so excited to share with you using a set of 5x7 acrylic covers  for a special keepsake book I created in celebration of 10 years of marriage with my handsome hubby. I have to start by saying I absolutely love using acrylic in my books. I will add an acrylic cover or page in whenever I can because I love the extra weight it gives and there is something fun about the translucence of the acrylic.


In honor of my anniversary, I was inspired to take a trip down memory lane, finding old pictures and notes that we have written over the years. I realized that I had yet to make a book that documented just our relationship and this was the perfect opportunity. I wanted to keep this book simple, yet still have the personal touches I love, like hidden pockets for love notes, and extra tags to journal on. Hope you enjoy my mini and the step by step instructions so that you can make one of your own.

Start out by punching 8 holes in the acrylic covers. Leave the
 protective film on the covers until you have finished punching to protect
from scratches or cracking.


Continue to punch 8 holes on all of the interior pages
Use 3/4" Black O-Wire to bind the book. Since the book is 1/2" thick
and I added the additional tags and pockets, 3/4" O-Wire is a great
size to allow the pages to turn freely.

Here is the front cover, a picture from our wedding on top
(yes, I am the one smashing cake on him while he was being very sweet,
I could have sworn he was going to do it!)
and a more recent picture underneath. The pictures are attatched on
the 1st page, and I added a die cut and bling to the acryclic

A flashback picture from my Homecoming Dance when
I was a junior in high school
Another fun pocket inside of the paper bag to add notes and old pictures


Supplies:

Best,
Heather

          http://www.whimzeecreations.blogspot.com/


No comments: