Sunday, June 17, 2012

Espresso, Café Latte, or Macchiato?

My favorite is a Marble Mocha Macchiato, light syrup and light whip!  However, I’ll never turn down a good cup of coffee and I like to try different ones, though I prefer a darker roast.   At home, my favorite is Starbucks Café Verona, but when I’m on a budget, Maxwell House Italian Roast will do just fine! 

When I saw the coffee line papers by Canvas Corp, I knew I was going to be making a mini album about my love of coffee with these.  And what better way to create a tiny mini than use a little stash of coffee sleeves I’ve been saving?

I traced my coffee sleeves, cut out the papers, and covered my coffee sleeves.
The tags were created using Coffee Defined paper cut up in pieces and then embellished with lots of stash embellies.  This whole thing came together so well since everything was kraft color based and neutral.  
I then went ahead and punched my holes using my Bind-It-All before embellishing.  This is a really important part of creating mini albums and ensures that your embellishments do not get in the way when punching and binding.  After embellishing my sleeves, I bound this mini with the 1.25" O-wires since it was such a chunky little mini.  

I really pulled out a lot of older embellishments and had a little happy party drinking coffee and embellishing my album.  I love the tied burlap on the wires along with my JAVA type charms. Oh, and the back felt piece was a Pink Paislee embellishment that I altered with a coffee circle from the paper collection.  Now, I'm going to go journal about my favorite coffee drinks, friends, places, and travels. So, what is your favorite cup of Joe? 

PS.  HAVE A FABULOUS FATHER'S DAY TO ALL FATHERS!

Until next time,

8 comments:

winnajill@cox.net said...

I love all the choices you made and have the same tastes in my coffee !....winna

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Searching the internet this morning for bind-it-all wire and came across this sweet blog. {Cheryl, I LOVE your coffee book!!!} Thanks for the inspiration!

Nicole Martel said...

fantastic!!

Martha Richardson said...

You rocked this album! As a coffee lover this is awesome:)

Michelle said...

This is so cute Cheryl

Katie said...

This is absolutely fantastic and original! Love the subject. So you! :)

Canvas Corp said...

Cheryl,
This project is fabulous! I will link back to you from Canvas Corp!
Have a wonderful day!
Jenn

Hydrangea Hippo - Jennifer Priest said...

LOVE this Cheryl!!!!