Friday, May 4, 2012

It's Go Time!



 


I don’t create very many “manly” Bind-it-All projects.  I have two daughters, and it seems I am always making projects for baby showers, or weddings, or party gifts.  So, when my husband’s birthday was coming up I decided he needed an album to go with the gift…..tickets to the Auto Club 400 NASCAR race at the Southern California raceway. 



I put together an album using the Zutter Cover-Alls forPre-Punched Page Protectors.  Cover-Alls are a great way to create an album while shielding the owire binding inside a book-like cover – it gives it a nice clean look.  For this project, I used the “Bamboo” style spine, in black.  This particular Cover-All is sized to work with the Pre-Punched Page Projectors.  Double bonus – pages nicely protected AND, no holes to punch – making the creating process that much faster!

Making the album was really fun and easy.  I cut pages to fit the size – in this case, 8X8, and added homemade embellishments (lots of logos and such downloaded from the Internet).  I even had fun creating a “checkered flag” sheet to mimic the colors and patterns of the race.  To add to the album, I also created a pocket to store ticket stubs, brochures and other memorabilia.  All this was put together and gifted along with the tickets and the promise to take lots of pictures to commemorate the day.

The family signed the cover page with birthday wishes!
Checkered Flag paper was made by weaving strips together!
A pocket for memorabilia!
Once I had the pictures from Race Day, I added them to the album, and “part 2” of the birthday present was complete.

The race was actually rained out, but I was the trooper in my poncho, and stayed until they kicked us out!
Ticket stubs, and photos of the whole track!
If you are not familiar with using Cover-Alls, the steps are just like binding any other Bind-it-All project – the difference being that bind the pages to a plastic insert sheet.  This sheet tucks into the back cover of the Cover-Alls, thus safely housing it into the cover.  It can’t be any simpler or streamlined! Cover-Alls come in sizes specifically for the Pre-Punched Page Protectors in 4X6, 8X8, and 12X12, or you can use "regular" Cover-Alls without the protectors...flexibility and versatility to suit your creative inspiration!

Plastic insert sheet tucked into the backcover!

With Father's Day and graduations coming up, you can try this gift-album idea yourself.   Happy Scrappin'!

2 comments:

pamala said...

What a fun manly mini! Great job!

Michelle said...

Ohhhh I have 4 boys and this would be a perfect for 1 of them. Thanks for sharing.