Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer in the City Mixed Media Album

Summer in the City

Hi, Cheryl here again, from Cheryl’s Window, and here is what is in my studio today.  

It is summer, and being from Florida, most expect beach themes from me. Unfortunately, I am not a beach girl.  CHA is coming up and last summer was my first CHA experience.  The day before CHA started, I had the chance to go into Chicago and experience THE CITY!  And it was so very hot, but it was exhilarating for me- the sights, the sounds, the smells, the people!

I had so much fun listening to this song and building my own mini album using Spellbinder dies designed by Donna Salazar.  I used Creative Book Pages One and Two as well as a few butterflies from her Wonderful Wings Grand Nestabilities collection. 

I created this mixed media album using chipboard for the back page to give my book stability as well as a variety of papers, tags, time card, plastic baggy, envelopes, and a piece of raw canvas.

Before I show you the entire album, I thought I’d share some of the creation process.
I used Zutter Chipboard cover for the back page of my album.  This provided structure and stability for my mixed album.  However, 8x8 was larger than I wanted, so I used my Zutter Kutter to cut down the board to 7 x 7 and then I rounded two outer corners with the Zutter Corner Rounder.
I inked edges and embossed a few embellishments using various products from ClearSnap.  I also colored and shaded with some with Faber-Castell Gelatos, even while using the die as a stencil.

I had so much fun putting this album together.   It is bright and happy and very summery to me. 
Want to peek inside my album?
Just look at all that layered yumminess.  I still have a few picture spots to fill and I’m trying to decide whether to add more from this trip or add some new pictures from my visit in a few weeks back in Chicago for CHA Summer 2012!

What are your plans for this summer?  Will you make a summer album?  Make sure to share on the BIA Facebook page if so.  We love seeing your creations using Zutter products.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is simply adorable! :)

Cheryl Boglioli said...

Thank you, Pinky. It was fun to make this one with the various sizes.

Amy Lassiter said...

The bright colors, the interest of the different sizes and shapes...perfect! Wonderful mini!! :D