Thursday, July 26, 2012

An Artsy Busy Book

       As a mom of two very busy (and talkative) kids I am always trying to find fun things for them to do during the summer, especially when we are in the car for any length of time. My 10 year old daughter loves drawing and being crafty and as she is getting a bit older she isn't quite as easily entertained with my singing or playing license plate bingo, so I came up with this mini artists book to help keep her content while in the car.

     I knew I wanted to have lots of sheets where she could draw, but also wanted her to have places where she could write down a memory, play a game and even do a bit of journaling. I also wanted this book to have enough pages and activites to last more than one trip, so this has 20 pages total, so I used the  1" White O-wire to bind this bad boy. I loved using the canvas art board on the cover and just giving it a light mist of purple smooch, it gives the book an artsy and whimzy feel, which I just love.

     I also love the idea of making this book as by the end of summer I have a sweet keepsake  of the things that kept my kiddos entertained during our summer adventures. Hope my step by step pictures inspire you to make your own artsy busy book this summer.

Best,
Heather

I started off with some 5x7 chipboard, a 5x7 Canvas Art Board, and a few
sheets of coordinating patterned paper and white cardstock. 
Attatch the patterned paper and cardstock to the chipboard and
then use your Bind-it-All to punch 8 holes in the top of each of the pages.
Using 1" White O-wire, bind your book


















         http://www.whimzeecreations.blogspot.com/
















No comments: