Friday, July 27, 2012

Great Expectations

My husband's Sister and Cousin are expecting babies in the near future and he asked me to make them a baby brag book for their photos.  I ordered the Handmade collection from Lily Bee and some Studio Calico wood veneer frames and shapes because I thought they would be perfect for some baby albums.  I knew that one of them was having a girl so I made one of the albums pink and girly and the other one more neutral.




For the cover I used the wood frames from Studio Calico.  I layered them with stickers and added wood shapes and buttons to them. 



I used the banner stickers to create a banner and added some twine.




I thought pinwheels would be a fun embellishment for a baby album.  I added it to the front flap page along with a "Welcome" sentiment.




I also added some Zutter Removable page protectors for them to slip some 4 x 6 photos into.  On the outside of the page protectors I added a journaling card and some wood houses.


This is the more neutral version done in yellows and greens.




I really love the butterfly wood veneer shapes especially when you add a button.




This is another flap page to add more journaling and photos.




I also added a few keepsake pockets, for one of them I just used a brown paper bag and decorated the outside with a confetti pocket.




I had so much fun making these mini albums and can't wait until they use them.
















4 comments:

Michelle said...

Fleur, I love the colors. This is so beautiful

Michelle said...

Fleur, I absolutely loved your brag book.

Nicole Martel said...

beautiful mini!

the"divine"hand said...

This is so bright and beautiful! Lovely work!