Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Want to take just a few pieces of patterned paper......?

......some white cardstock, covers, and end up with four 6 x 6 albums?

I recently received some beautiful Lily Bee Design partterned papers from the Lovely Collection and fell in love with it. I wanted to stretch it into four different mini albums. Do you have some double sided patterned paper that you have been hoarding or admiring that you would like to stretch into several mini books?





Well, here is how you can do it! First, grab four 6 x 6 Cover-Alls (or you could use 6 x 6 Acrylic or Clipboard Covers or Chipboard Covers instead), then cut all your pattened paper pieces into 6 x 6 sections. I had 6 pieces of patterned paper to begin, so I ended up with 24 pieces after I did this. Next, pick some coordinating mist spray and spray some white cardstock (I did about 8 - 10 sheets of white CS). I used a few pieces of chipboard and some die cut flowers for masks. Just lay them on your cardstock and spray away. I used several colors together and made different combos too (spray both sides). I added Stickles for a bit more glimmer. Here are a few examples ~








After your sprayed cardstock is dry (I am impatient, so I used my heat gun to speed up the process), cut it into 6 x 6 pieces. Next ink all edges of your patterned paper and your sprayed CS with ink. Keep one each of the different patterned paper and several different sprayed CS 6 x 6 pieces and set aside. I took decorative edge scissors (feel free to use border punches too) and cut strips of each piece, varying th ewidth of each piece. I then took my Diztresser and used it to lightly diztress all edges of the 6 x 6 pieces of paper. You should have piles of pages that look like this ~




Next you can start layering the decorative edged strips you cut onto your pages, and stitch, stamp, use rub ons, felt, tags, or add bling accents on your pages. Don't forget to use your Bind-It-All to punch the binding slots on one side of each page when you are happy with it. I also like to use my BIA to punch a few decorative holes on an additional side of a few pages, then thread a bit of sparkly gold tulle through the slots. It adds a bit of glitter and hint of color really quickly and easily, for little cost. Finally, bind your book together, and embellish your covers. I used things out of my stash to complement the beautiful Lily Bee items I was working with. I love mixing different products from my stash with favorite products. Don't forget to use your Zutter Heavy Duty Round-It-All to add interest to your project! It easily cuts through chipboard and quite a few layers of paper.

Here are some pictures of inside pages to give you some ideas for your own project (notice the Diztressed edges, LOVE playing with my Distrezzer!!!) ~








 
 

 

 

 







So go ahead and cut up that favorite Patterned Paper! You can easily create 4 projects that will bring happiness to others as well as yourself. Happy creating! ~ Pam

Zutter Zister DT Member Pam Sandy

6 comments:

Laurie (Wally) said...

OH WOW... Great book.. I love these new covers...very inspirational...

mckinkle said...

What FAB inspiration, thanks for sharing!

Keryn x

Tamikko said...

Gorgeous! Great job :)

Kwilt said...

What a great idea for grad gifts for teen girls! I have two this weekend that would love to get a scrap book like this for their party pics!! Thanks for the ideas!!
Huggs...Kathy

Fleursbydesign said...

These are so cute!

Unknown said...

okay I am off to try this. I can't wait to break into some paper I've been hoarding, lol. Thanks, Mary M