Thursday, July 15, 2010

Christmas in July

Time to get ready for Summer CHA in Chicago! It's in just a couple weeks, and that means MAKE SAMPLES!!

Here is one of the books I made this week using some of the new paper from Donna Salazar.  These ones are Christmas Rose & Ribbon and Holiday Greetings.  These papers are formatted for and are a breeze to cut in the Dreamkuts....check them out on her blog.
This little holiday book was made with 8X8 Zutter Clipboard Wood, weathered with various colors of Smooch Spritz.  Also Smooched and wrinkled the papers to get a fabric-like look....it's all paper (except for the denim under the title and the red flowers).  I even stamped/embossed....I know, even shocked myself.  I almost never stamp.  Donna's stamps are pretty groovy though and hard to resist.

Don't forget, the Clipboard Wood makes for a durable, long lasting base to your books (or for decor projects - check this out on my blog).  It's punchable with the Bind-it-All and is alterable just like chipboard. 

Have a great day!

7 comments:

Laurie (Wally) said...

great book... I love how you created the cover of this book.. great inspiration...TFS

Fleursbydesign said...

This is so awesome - it totally looks like fabric!!

Shelley Haganman said...

What a lovely album!

DonnaSalazar said...

Beautimus!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty project! I linked to Zutter in today's scrapbooking news article at http://exm.nr/9nNa4t

Jennifer Priest said...

Very cool Nan!! Love what you made!!

pamala said...

Great job! Love love love the new stuff too!