Friday, February 3, 2012

A Love Note from Lorraine!

We are sharing our first Love Note from Zister Lorraine! Enjoy - and congratulate Lorraine on receiving $25 in Zutter Buckz!
For my Bind It All....
How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways.
My soul delights
in pushing your little handle
and creating all sorts of books out of paper
and assorted coverings.
With great ease you help me bind together a treasured keepsake or gift
from the heart.
Uncomplicated and comfortable, even under stress,
you make every attachment a carefree experience.
You look absolutely adorable sitting on the desk
waiting patiently for our next adventure.
I love thee for all these reasons and so much more.

Here is Lorraine's adorable project!


Supplies:
Zutter Bind-it-All
Zutter 3”x4” Cover-all
Zutter Owire 1/2” Brown
Materials: Kraft, denim, navy and faux leather cardstock, scraps of denim fabric, jean rivet button, button blanks twine
This mini album/purse combo was made using Zutter 3”x4” Cover-all and 1/2” Brown owire.  It’s covered with denim cardstock and faux leather paper. The handles and bottom strip were folded then machine stitched. Covers were embellished with a jean rivet button and button blanks covered with denim material scraps. The beads were rolled using the same papers and were attached to a piece of cotton twine. The entire cover was edged with brown ink and a touch of gold. The inside pages were made using 5 pieces of 4”x 6” kraft cardstock, folded in half to form a pocket page. A navy mat was added to both sides of each pocket and embellished simply with punched flowers and pearl gems. Each pocket has a kraft paper tag which is 2.25”x 3.5” and is covered on one side with the jean paper. A small strip of ripped denim material was added to each for the ribbon.
About Lorraine:  A friend gave me my Bind-it-All a few years ago (I know ...awesome gift !) I’ve been crafting most of my life and have contributed to various publications. Creating one of a kind journals for family, friends and my Etsy shop is an absolute delight for me. I also enjoy altering CDs, making ornaments, greeting cards and assorted gift items. I live in Delaware with my husband and our little dog Blossom.

Thanks for the LOVE, Lorraine!

3 comments:

Liz said...

I love my BIA - a gift from a friend - I need some little pieces to make it work again - and when I get them, I will never stall from using and using my Bind it All !

Lori said...

Thank you! I will be having some serious fun shopping ... :-)

Molly Smith said...

I think this is the cutest mini scrapbook ever. Your design is awesome.
Congratulations, Lori!