Monday, September 17, 2012

Let's go to Hawaii...

We were so lucky to be able to go to Hawaii for our vacation this year.  It is one of my favorite places to go.  We always have an amazing time.  Of course the best way to remember your vacations is with a mini album.


I used a 5x7 Cover-All and the Lily Bee Handmade collection for this mini album.  The 5x7 size is one of my favorite sizes to use as the 4x6 photos fit perfectly in it without having to do a lot of cropping or cutting.


I made my cover page a flap page so I could add some extra journaling inside it.  I created this hibiscus flower by cutting out the patterned paper and layering it into a flower shape.


I added a few more flap pages to this album I love how they look and the extra space I get for writing or adding more photos.


I love how the 4x6 photos fit these pages and all I need to do is add a bit of embellishment to the pages, like a banner.


This is one of the biggest minis I have made in a long time, it ended up being 22 pages. 


I also added some fun pinwheels to this mini, they always add a bit of whimsy and fun to anything.


I cherish being able to make these keepsakes for myself and my family.  Why not make one of your last trip so the memories will never be forgotten.

Fleur

No comments: