Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Fall Pop-Up Card with Zutter Corrugated Board

We are pleased to share this project with you from the
Design Team from Donna Salazar Designs featuring a Zutter's Corrugated Board on a unique Fall-themed card.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I learned that I would be creating a "Fall" themed project, I was kinda intimidated because in Malaysia we do not have Fall season. I have seen this season on the Internet, in the movies and magazines. I really do love the fall season, hope to experience it someday! So I decided to show you how I created this fall card with a pop-up tree on the inside- using Zutter's Corrugated Board as a key component.
Photobucket
Here is the tutorial of creating a fall pop-up card...
First you need a card base of this size: 30.5cm x 11cm. Fold them into half.
Photobucket
Photobucket
To create the pop-up base, cut a 13cm strip of cardstock, then score it 1cm from the edge followed by 3cm from the edge (ie: the gap between the 2 scores is 2cm) on the both sides of the strip.
Photobucket
Fold all the scored lines and adhere it to the card base just like the picture shown.
Photobucket
Remember to spritz the smooch to create the red background.
Photobucket
To create the tree, I used Zutter's Corrugated Board as a trunk. Distressed it with Clear Snap ink for a natural look. Once you are done, paste it to the pop-up base.
Photobucket
Here I used dies to create my leaves and one of the leaf die is from Donna's collection called Rose Creations. Layer all the leaves until you are happy :)
Now let me show you the completed card and also close up shots from all angles...
Photobucket
Photobucket
The exterior of the card
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
The interior of the card.
Hope you like this pop-up card and I really hope I did justice with the fall theme.
Products used:
Distrezz-It-All by Zutter
DSD Antiquities Collection for GCD Studios
DSD Smooch Spritz for Clear Snap
Rose Creations by Donna Salazar for Spellbinders
Want 2 Scrap Nestabling (Labels One Black Rhinestones) for Spellbinders
Bazzill cardstocks
Jute, leaf and happy die by Papertrey Ink
Photobucket
www.teacherjessy.blogspot.com

1 comment:

glenda said...

VERY interesting card! At first, I thought it was too hard to try to do, but after reading thru the directions(very good directions, by the way), I feel I could tackle this project. Keep up the great work!