Saturday, January 16, 2010

Happy 2010!!

Happy 2010!
I have made a calendar for me to have in my scraproom...the shape of the month-cards I have made myself, but I´ll think you can use your Spellbinders as well, or make your own shapes!
I´m going to show how easy this calendar stand is to make...(Warning for a LOT of pictures).
First you cut out a pice of cardstock thats mesuring aprox. 7 1/4"x6"
Score it in the middle, and punch out holes with your Bind-It-All. Keep the holes centered.
Take a piece of owire, I have used 1 1/4" Antique Brass owire (I just love the color of it!), bind it together in your BIA, but notice that I haven´t punched it shut all the way, leave a little gap maybe about 1/4".Then you take your scoring tool and score the piece of cardstock at (from the outer edge measured, from all sides) first 2/4" and then (from the outer edge again) 1 1/4"
It should looks a bit like this...You can of course do this in various sizes, to fit you own creation!Then you have scored all the lines, the corners looks like this... ...take a pair of scissors and cut it like this.Now I will put on a piece of patterned paper, so the creased line in the middle doesn´t show. The measurement of this is 4 3/4" x 3 1/4" then glue it to the cardstock. Flip it over and cut out the holes using the punches from the BIA as your guide.Gently slide the owire in the holes from underneath. Slide it all the way throught and "lock it" as you see on the picture. The owire doesn't slide from its holes, it stays in place.Now you can glue your box together, and decorate it as you like! I´ve made 7 rings, my thought was to have 6 months in this stand, but my month-cards were over-embellished so they didnt fit...too much 3D. :)
But I can recomend (if you're an embellishing girl-or guy) to make with just 6 rings and just use 3 month, or if you dont use too much embellishments you easily can have 6 months in the stand.

Hope you try this out!
Have a HAPPY BEGINNING OF 2010!!

Hugs, Camilla
Zutter Zisters Design Team Member

14 comments:

chiara_francy said...

fantastic idea....wow!

FiveAcres said...

Very ingenious.

Malmis said...

beautiful!

Shelley Haganman said...

I am SO blown away with this project! I love it and think it is brilliant!!

Jennifer Priest said...

I totally wondered how you made that when I saw it in the gallery--awesome!! LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

This is amazing and your directions are wonderful! Thank you for sharing!

MsJay said...

Awesome project! This is definitely a keeper.

voodoo vixen said...

Aaaaah, thanks for the tutorial and the pics, now I can see how to do my own version!! Won't be as gorgeous as yours though!

Cathy said...

I'm thinkin this would a cute way to display current greeting cards before they get sent out.

eMeLiNe Seet said...

SO CLEVER !!:)

Steph Ackerman said...

Wow that is gorgeous.

Julie Kelley said...

Wow Camilla!! What a wonderful idea!!! I love it!

Taffy said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!!! I love it! you did a wonderful job! thanks for sharing!!

Sari Hänninen said...

this was a fun idea!