Monday, May 18, 2009

Rock On!

The DT is busy reviewing all the Beyond the Book entries and will be announcing our faves at the end of the week. If you didn’t partake in this creative challenge, we still hope to inspire you to use your Bind-it-All for non-book projects.

I took on the challenge myself this weekend, with this hanging memo board for my teenage daughter. She's always telling me I need to get "cool" - wait...I'm NOT? Well, this paper line is really cool!

This project uses the 10X10 Zutter Clipboard wood and a random piece of metal I had in the garage! I covered both with cardstock, and adhered the metal to the Clipboard Wood. I took these wild-fun “Rock On”* flowers from Prima and glued magnets to the back. And – because for a teenager simply tacking up a note isn’t always enough – I used a piece of scrap cardboard and attached a 3X3” sticky note pad with some Owire. Now she can put little notes up with the magnets, but also tear off a sticky note to take with her! I love how I was able to find some sticky notes in a color to match this line of paper and embellies. I figure when the sticky notes run out, I can just glue on another pad. When she doesn’t want the sticky notes in the way, she can just flip it over so the full magnet board is visible!
And, just because I am young at heart (and because I love this paper...see, I can be cool!), I made myself a Cover-All with the same product line. Hey – I can “Rock On” too! I used the 5X7 patterned paper pad to cover the Cover-All, layered the flowers with the bling, and added my initials. The cardstock in this line is incredibly vibrant, so I hope to journal some of my more “colorful” ideas in this book!

* Prima has debuted the “Rock On” product line at Michaels. Almost everything on these two projects was made with this line, except for some things you can only get at your local scrap store, like the cool lace ribbon and the clear and black Say-it-in-Crystals. Not to mention, Zutter Products are available at your LSS and not at all the chain stores! We are not discriminatory when we support our craft stores!!! We buy everywhere!

Hanging Memo Board Materials used: Zutter 10X10 Clipboard Wood, ¾” black owire, scrap piece of metal; Prima Marketing *Rock On cardstock, flowers, embellishments; other: magnets, ribbon.

Rock-On Cover-All Materials used: Zutter 6X6 Flat Spine Cover-All , ¾” black owire; Prima Marketing *Rock On cardstock, 5X7 patterned paper pad, flowers, embellishments, chipboard letters; other: ribbon.



Have a great week, and check in for news about the Challenge winners and announcements for the next challenge!

2 comments:

ScrapAddict said...

Love those projects Nan! You "Rock On" girlie!!! (and....hey, I think your cool).

ScrapMomOf2 said...

WOW! I love these projects! I need to get out my BIA and create something spectacular!!