Friday, December 18, 2009

Twelve days of Christmas Calendar....Owire Style!

I love Advent calendars and having a little Christmas "to do" list for my kids and I to do over the Christmas holidays. Here is a simple version of that idea using my Bind-it-all!

Supplies you will need: Zutter 3/8" owire (x5), 1" o-wire (x1) to hang project, a 3/8 inch dowel and dowel heads (I found mine at Hobby Lobby), library pockets (12), circle punch, kraft cardstock, white Signo pen, number stickers, acrylic paint (to paint the dowels/heads). (I kept mine pretty simple but this project could certainly be embellished to your liking!)

First you will use you BIA to punch across the top and bottom of 9 library cards. Take your first three pockets and attach them to the solid piece of 3/8 inch owire. Now, bind the rest of the pockets to the one below it. Use your last three pockets with no BIA holes at the bottom to finish the calendar. Once your calendar is together add your dowel through your top solid piece of o-wire and close wire with your fingers. Add the dowel heads to the end. Now it's just time to embellish your pockets and add your pocket inserts.

For the inserts I simply cut a piece of kraft cardstock a little bit smaller than the pocket, rounded the corner and wrote a message on it. (Example: donate a canned food, donate a toy, sing Christmas caroles, etc.) For each pocket I punched out a circle shape, added a number sticker, and used my white Signo pen to make dots around the perimeter of my circle. Again, I kept my calendar very simple but you really could do a lot more embellishing! To hang this project I simply used a 1" owire and attached it to the two ends of the dowels.


I hope this little project inspires you to make a calendar of your very own! Enjoy your holiday season!





9 comments:

Kamilla said...

Shelley i love this, so clever and creative, and the colours, really Christmas style :D

Anonymous said...

I love this, what a great idea for the BIA.

Jingle said...

This is such a wonderful idea! I totally might have to make one of these! I love it!

ScrapAddict said...

Very clever idea!!

daizie said...

that is wonderfully brilliant!!! SO creative!!I love it!!!

Lynne Forsythe said...

Fabuloso Girl!!!! great idea!!

Dwita said...

What a clever idea...

Fiorella said...

I think this is the most interesting Twelve Days Calendar I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing this clever idea!

cheri said...

Love different Advent calendars and this is wonderful! Thanks!