Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas/New Years Page Protector Banner!

I LOVE banner/garlands whatever you want to call them....I LOVE them! When I received by box of goodies from Zutter and saw these 8x8 page protectors I knew exactly what I wanted to do! I wanted to make a multipurpose banner for Christmas into the New Year and I will show you how you can create one too!

Supplies: Zutter 8x8 page protectors, fabric cut into 3 inx10 strips, ribbon, pins, sewing machine, patterned/plain paper or photos!

Let's get started!!!

1.First cut a piece of fabric 3 inches by 10 inches.

2. Fold over a 3/4 inch and iron flat.


3. Align your page protector onto the folded piece. Trim.


4. Fold over the other side of the fabric to align with the first folded part, align your ribbon with the wrong side facing up and pin to page protector.


5. It should look like this when the folding and pinning are done. Now you just need to sew on the front of the banner's fabric piece. Now your ribbon is attached to the back of your fabric covered page protector piece and is ready to hang!

What I love most about this project is that you can make it as long or short as you would like. You can spell anything you want. Even better is that you can use it for any occasion you choose. I made mine for Christmas and New Years! This would be a great project to make for a child's birthday by spelling their name! It would also be a cool way to display photos or 8x8 scrapbook pages. Really, the applications here are endless! I used the 8x8 page protectors in my garland. The 4x6 page protectors will work too but you will only have a horizontal choice (6x4). All you need to do is make this project happen after your sewing is to add an insert for the size of page protector you are using and your banner is done! This project can personalized and embellished to your liking!





2 comments:

Dwita said...

Thanks for the tutorial. Indeed, it is lovely for this season decoration...

ellen s. said...

oh wow! love it