Monday, December 7, 2009

Let it Snow....

I was inspired to create this album, by our very early first snow up here in New Hampshire.....in mid October...ouch!!! I've wanted to work with the Canvas Art Board Covers and this seemed like a great time....the textured white canvas was just want I needed to create the look I was looking for!!!

Tools you will need:

Bind-it-All


Supplies you will need:


Canvas Art Board Cover I chose 6x6
White Pages - 6x6
3/4" Baby Blue O-Wire


Snowflake Stamp - Tim Holtz Reindeer Flight Collection, Inkadinkado
Multi Medium & Gesso - Claudine Hellmuth Studio
Glimmer Mist - Tattered Angels - Frost
Ink - Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Faded Jeans & Broken China
Mini Misters filled with Distress Reinker/water - Faded Jeans & Broken China
Chipboard Florish - Maya Road
Embossing Powder – Ranger - Snowflake
Snowflake Brad - Making Memories
Alphas - American Crafts - Thickers

My Creative Process.....and oh how fun it is!!!
  1. I peeled up the upper right corner of the canvas, and peeled it off the cover, tearing it at about 2/3 of the way. I then tore the "torn off" canvas in half, then I tore a square off the end of one of the strips.
  2. To create a fun look I pulled some of the edge threads to create fringe.
  3. I spritzed the larger piece of torn canvas with my Mini Misters, Faded Jeans and Broken China.
  4. I stamped snowflakes, using Faded Jeans and Broken China Ink, on all of the pieces of torn canvas.
  5. On the inked piece I embossed the snowflakes.
  6. In the center of the square piece of canvas, I placed a Snowflake brad.
  7. The chipboard embellie was painted with Gesso, when dry, I spritzed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Frost.
  8. The two largest pieces, I added a little extra by putting eyelets in all 4 corners and running pieces of thread through the eyelets and tied them off.
  9. Added Alphas to spell "Snow"




Now to the cover....
  1. I painted the exposed cover with Gesso.

  2. When dry, I spritzed it with everything I had.....both Mini Mister and Frost Glimmer Mist.

  3. Using both colors of ink I stamped Snowflakes randomly all over the cover.

  4. Everything was adhered to the cover using Multi Medium.

  5. I then sprayed the cover again with Sealer.

  6. To carry the snow theme inside I spritzed each page with the Mini Misters and Glimmer Mist.

  7. To finish 'em off , I randomly stamped the Snowflakes on each page.

  8. Put it all together with the O-Wire and YOUR AMAZING BIND-IT-ALL!!!



    Hope you enjoy working with the Canvas Art Board Covers as much as I did....would love to see your creations and I hope I've inspired you to think "Out of the Box".....till next time....

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely work!

Unknown said...

Loveley!!

Anonymous said...

I love this book! My favorite is the fringed cover in the middle-so beautiful and so c-c-c-c-cold looking! Thanks so much for sharing such detailed directions on how you made this beautiful book!

Anonymous said...

what a pretty book!!!!! :) love the colors!

hugs,
sarah.

prashant said...

love this book! My favorite is the fringed cover in the middle-so beautiful

Work from home India

Nishant said...

Loveley!!
mosquito trap

lurex

mosquito killer

mosquito control
trap

cat repellent

cat control

repellent