Friday, March 5, 2010

How did I do it???

I wanted to share with you the inspiration and tutorial on my "BFF Wall Hanging"!!

I took TONS of pictures of my daughters "Sweet 16" Birthday Bash....I even created a mini album for her, commemorating this milestone in her life....however, I was left with EXTRA wallet size photos! and so instead of tossing them....which I knew I could NEVER do....I decided to create a wall hanging that she could enjoy everyday!!

So let's get to it!!!

Supplies I used...
Maya Road Chipboard Embellies
Glimmer Mist - Olive Vine, Frost, Pinecone
Claudine Hellmuth Studio - Gesso,  Multi Medium
Tim Holtz - Grungeboard - Nature Plain
Wallet Size photos


Paint ALL the chipboard with Gesso.


Let the gesso dry.
Spray the painted surface with Glimmer Mist.
It is IMPORTANT to dry between layers.

Apply as many layers as necessary to achieve your desired look.



Repeat this process on all pieces of Chipboard.

Note: if you find that your chipboard is bowing, spray the back side with a mist of water and dry while gently bending the chipboard.

Note: if you are using more that one layer of chipboard, you will need to punch the pieces separately.

Now compile your Wall hanging.
I used Multi Medium to adhere everything together.

You will have created a wall hanging for everyone to ENJOY!!





Zutter Zister DT Member Lynne Forsythe

3 comments:

Anita Bownds said...

awesome love the tutorial

Peggy Lee said...

whoooo my friend Lynne did an amazing job, it's even more breath taken away in person!!!! thanks for sharing now I have to make one!!!!

Unknown said...

maravilloso!!
me encnato!
o0ala tuviera una de aquellas!
saludo!
Rosy