Sunday, April 18, 2010

Team Twilight!


Sorry, all. I've been very absent from the BIA blog the last several months but I'm hoping these new Twilight-themed projects will to your liking. My daughter and I will be attending our very first Twilight Convention April 23-25 and made these just for the occasion - autograph book, event book and spinner album centerpiece (for a contest at the convention).


Autograph Book - filled with four pockets, each with a double-sided card for autographs



Event Book - This larger book will hold photos, memorabilia and other items that I might pick up along the way. There are four pages with pockets.


Spinner Album Centerpiece - This project is my baby of the three Twilight-themed projects. It took about 2-3 weeks to complete and I totally love it! Though I don't expect to win the centerpiece contest, I'm hoping this will make a good showing. =)





I used a lot of unconventional items in my projects - mostly home decor trims, buttons and comic book banking boards for the lighter pages in the spinner album. Take a chance and use non-scrappy items for your next project. (Note: None of the pictures included in the projects are mine. All of the pictures in all three projects are available on the internet on various Twilight sites.)
Photos of the completed (with photos, autographs, etc.) will be posted to my blog in May. Come by to see the finished results. =)

OZZ Design Team Member Lea Sanders

11 comments:

Katie said...

very cool project! my teen would love this.

...Tara... said...

omg I LOVE it!!!! This is soo neat and gorgeous!!! :D Great job! just cant say enough!

scrappinmomto2girls said...

OMG that is so awesome!!! And u r going to a Twilight convention, how cool!

Michelle said...

The girls would love this! All 3 are crazy over twilight....(and I am a bit too....but shhhh)

thanksf or sharing

pamala said...

Awesome projects, very creative!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
voodoo vixen said...

WOW LEa, your Twilight projects are stunning!!

Fleursbydesign said...

Awesome projects - I love the spinner!

Unknown said...

Great use of fringe - or did you make all of those beaded additions to the base of your spinner??? Looks very professional and truly unique. If you have time, let us know how you did the main center ball of the spinner - was it high gloss paint or fabric???

Kamilla said...

OMG Lea this is stunning!!!
I just love it, and my 11 year old daughter wondered if she could buy it LOL
Hugs Camilla

Anonymous said...

Thanks, all, ladies. My love of the Twilight movies shows through my projects! =)

To answer the question regarding the ball on the spinner, I painted it with a glossy paint and covered the bottom in a beaded fringe that I purchased by the yard from JoAnn's. I have another beaded part of this project (velour mini tablecloth) that I didn't not photograph but you can come to my blog later to see the whole assembled, completed project next month on my blog.