Sunday, April 25, 2010

4 X 4 ACRYLIC ALBUM


Now don't be getting all skittish on me at the mention of ACRYLIC!! Really is is not as hard to work with as you think...as long as you take a moment to think it out!!

Supplies:
Bind-it-All
1/2" Round-it-All
4 x 4 Acrylic covers (2 pkgs)
3/4" Baby Blue OWire

Wallet size Photo
Bo Bunny "Kitchen Spice" Collection
Trim and Bling
Staz On Ink
Studio 490 Stamps
White Pen
Glossy Accents

I first spent an evening fussy cutting the flowers for this album while watching some mindless show on TV, great busy work!

Next, I chose two large background stamps from Studio 490 and stamped on the Acrylic with Brown Staz On ink...(and it must be Staz On ink or it will just wipe off leaving a horrible mess!)

Using my Round-it-All, I rounded the edges of all 4 corners on all pieces....oh the ease of it all! Remember, the Round-it-All can handle rounding the corner of not only acrylic, but chipboard, multiple sheets of cardstock, and even the Zutter Clipboard Wood and Canvas Artboard.

I punched my binding holes using the Bind-It-All. I just eyeballed the pieces in the center of the machine and punched.

Now for what everybody thinks is the hard part....I laid out the album, thinking "through" every page.

To create interest on the "look through", I matted each of the photos with the double sided Kitchen Spice collection.

I sparingly adhered the photos to the album, thinking about where the photos would be on the back side. Added my embellies and lace. I wrote on the B &W photos with Ranger's White Pen.....AND THERE YOU HAVE IT...now that wasn't so hard after all!!



So do give working with Acrylic Albums a try....you will be sooo happy you did!

Zutter Zister DT Member Lynne Forsythe

8 comments:

Linapyssel said...

Very pretty..I´ll have a go once I learned how to work my machine.....just bought it yesterday!!

have a great dag

Peggy Lee said...

Fabulous Lynne, I must give this a try. love all the trims, flowers and well everything....!!!

Shelley Haganman said...

Lovely work as always Lynne!

sarah said...

:) lynne, you are rockin' all your zutter projects!

hugs,
sarah.

Kwilt said...

Nice...I made a 10" x 10" acrylic picture book and bound it with my Pink BIA for my entry for Cricut's Cropping with the Stars contest back in January. The BIA cut through like butter. It worked perfectly and I loved the end result.

Thanks for the wonderful ideas...please keep them comming!

Huggs...Kathy

PS...would love to find the distresser tool...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fleursbydesign said...

Awesome mini album!

pamala said...

Lovely lovely job!