Now, here are the instructions on making it!
This project uses the Bind-it-All, O-wires, an old paperback book, tissue paper and cardstock to create a pumpkin.
Gather your materials. You will need the following items to complete this project.
Zutter Wire Cutters
Zutter craft knife
Cricut or other die cutting machine
Tombo Mono liquid glue
Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink Applicator & felt pad
Number two pencil
Cricut Doodlecharms cartridge
Fiskars Bow Maker
One Zutter 12 inch 5/8 inch diameter O-Wire: Silver
One Zutter 12 inch 3/8 inch diameter O-Wire: Silver
Cardstock: Green and Brown
Ranger Distress Ink: Orange Marmalade
Glimmer Mist: Honey Dew Mist, Autumn Leaves, Harvest Orange
7 Gypsies Brads
Fancy Pants ribbon
Ranger Stickles: Cinnamon and Green
cardboard or chipboard
- Before starting, remember: Measure twice, cut once.
- With the pencil, draw half a pumpkin on cardboard or chipboard. Using the craft knife, cut out the pattern.
- Take an old paperback & remove the cover. I then pulled half my book off (it was too thick). Ideally, you'd like to have 150 – 300 pages. Place your template on the book and cut through several layers at a time until you've cut out the shape on the entire book.
- Separate the pages. Ink the pages with the Ranger Distress Ink Applicator with felt pad.
- Using the Bind-it-All and following the instructions for use, punch holes in the pumpkin half for the 5/8 inch O-Wire. (Cut the O-Wire two to three links too long to create a “stem” for your pumpkin).
- Assemble and fan out pages. Spray with Glimmer Mist for added color.
- Cut leaves from cardstock in various sizes with Cricut Dooddlecharms Font. Decorate with Stickles, buttons, Glimmer Mist, ribbon, paper beads and Prima Flowers. Use 3/8 O-wire for vines. Punch holes in leaf stems and string onto 3/8 O-wire and bind.
- Spray tissue paper with Green and Brown Glimmer Mist. After dry, stuff into O-Wires for added dimension and color.