Friday, June 24, 2011

A Layout with Zutter Hang-it-Alls

We are pleased to share this project with you from the
Design Team from Donna Salazar Designs!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone!  Natasha here with another layout I created for Donna Salazar Designs using her GORGEOUS Antiquities Collection.  I am in loooove with these papers! 
I dedicated this layout to my hubby because, as the title says, he is my strength.  Before I met him I had a difficult life.  I was a single mom, working full time and taking care of my two babies at the same time.  (They literally came to work with me every day.)  There were many difficulties in my life at the time that caused me to feel truly unhappy. One day while on a family vacation in South America, I met my (now) husband and there was an instant connection.  Five months later we were engaged, and a year after that we were married!  I know it may sound like a fairytale, but believe me, it wasn't always easy.  We had to endure a long-distance relationship for quite some time.  But looking back, I think the distance made our relationship stronger.  My husband has stood by me through the many challenges I have had to face, and because of him, I am a stronger person today.  I am truly happy now.  
Okay, enough of the sentimental stuff... let me show you some of the details of my layout before I break out in tears.  :O)
I created somewhat of a distressed 'frame' for my layout using Donna's 'Let's Ride' and 'Theater' papers.  I hand-stitched a border around the frame and inked the edges using Colorbox Cat's Eye Pigment Ink in Chestnut.  The edges of my layout were distressed with a Zutter Distrezz-It-All.  
The beautiful vintage nameplate is a chipboard element made by The Dusty Attic.  It was inked using Chestnut Pigment Ink and spritzed with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz.  The word 'STRENGTH' was debossed using a Chip Art tool and Sparrow Alphabet set by Melody Ross. 
The photo of my husband and I is layered on top of Corrugated Board by Zutter.  The corrugated board was painted with white acrylic paint and spritzed with Caramel Latte Smooch Spritz.  I fussy cut some of the beautiful floral images from the Queen Bees paper and layered them beneath my photo.
This flower is hand-made using a variety of different papers from the Antiquities collection.  I applied a coat of Glue Gloss and Fairy Dust Glitter on each flower to add a little shimmer.
This cluster of flowers is made up of Prima, mulberry and hand-made flowers.  I also added some pearls and vines made by Prima as well.  
To the right of the floral cluster you can catch a glimpse of a shimmery design.  This was made using Clearsnap's Design Adhesives.  It is a double-sided patterned adhesive that can be used with glitter, embossing powder, micro beads and much more!  You simply peel and stick the adhesive and coat it with whatever you like.  It creates such a beautiful effect!
Much of this layout was brushed with white acrylic paint.  I really love the 'whitewashed' look because it adds a shabby feel to any project.
You may have noticed that my photo & corrugated board are hanging on Antique Brass Hang-It-Alls made by Zutter.  There is actually a reason for this...
The photo flips up to reveal hidden journaling!  This quote was written by Lao Tzu, an ancient Chinese philosopher.  I believe strongly in the truth of this quote and found it to be very fitting for this layout.  Each line was printed onto cardstock and spritzed with Smooch Spritz.  Each journaling strip was hand-stitched for added texture.
Thank you for stopping by to take a peek at my layout.  I hope you all have a beautiful and creative day!  Much love and hugs!
     Supplies Used:

1 comment:

lastivka said...

wonderful LO! sooo rich!