Monday, November 15, 2010

Trying a Few New Things (they all go with my Bind-it-All!)

I love trying new things.....and that is where my inspirations for this project came from.  With my handy Zutter tools at the ready, I pulled out some of the "stuff" I'd been anxious to play with.

I wanted to work with Twinkling H20's....something I had never tried before. And, something else I really had wanted to work with was Real Wood by Creative Imaginations.

I pulled out one of my favorite stamps - Flourish by Hero Arts, brayered on some H20's and stamped on the Real Wood and watched what it did. I used Cobalt Archival Ink to stamp the image again.

Using Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Die, I cut flowers out of Linen and Real Wood. I stamped and painted the H20's on the Real Wood, stacked the flowers and placed a brad in the center.

I created a puddle of H20 color on my craft mat and dipped the seam binding into it.

I then pulled out my Bind-it-All and punched holes in the Real Wood and Linen. Then I wove the seam binding through the holes and adhered the creation to the front of a Zutter Flat Spine Cover All.

For the inside pages, I used my DreamKuts. What a dream it is....all the pages are the exact same size with such ease!!!

To finish up, I pulled out my Distrezz-It-All, and roughed up the pages.....just what the book needed.

I challenge you to pull out those "new things" you've been wanting to use.....and give it a try!!  Your Zutter tools will help you bring it all together!

Zutter Zister DT Member Lynne Forsythe


Shelley Haganman said...

This project is just stunning!

Micki said...

That project is just beautiful!