Monday, November 15, 2010

Trying a Few New Things (they all go with my Bind-it-All!)

I love trying new things.....and that is where my inspirations for this project came from.  With my handy Zutter tools at the ready, I pulled out some of the "stuff" I'd been anxious to play with.

I wanted to work with Twinkling H20's....something I had never tried before. And, something else I really had wanted to work with was Real Wood by Creative Imaginations.

I pulled out one of my favorite stamps - Flourish by Hero Arts, brayered on some H20's and stamped on the Real Wood and watched what it did. I used Cobalt Archival Ink to stamp the image again.




Using Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Die, I cut flowers out of Linen and Real Wood. I stamped and painted the H20's on the Real Wood, stacked the flowers and placed a brad in the center.

I created a puddle of H20 color on my craft mat and dipped the seam binding into it.

I then pulled out my Bind-it-All and punched holes in the Real Wood and Linen. Then I wove the seam binding through the holes and adhered the creation to the front of a Zutter Flat Spine Cover All.

For the inside pages, I used my DreamKuts. What a dream it is....all the pages are the exact same size with such ease!!!

To finish up, I pulled out my Distrezz-It-All, and roughed up the pages.....just what the book needed.

I challenge you to pull out those "new things" you've been wanting to use.....and give it a try!!  Your Zutter tools will help you bring it all together!

Zutter Zister DT Member Lynne Forsythe

2 comments:

Shelley Haganman said...

This project is just stunning!

Micki said...

That project is just beautiful!
Micki