Friday, November 19, 2010

Pockets!

I love making mini albums with pockets that can be used for just about anything. Journaling, photos, memorabilia etc. Here are 2 examples of mini albums I made for my purse that have pockets.

The first one is my business card holder. I made the pockets large enough to hold the standard size business cards and used the 3x4 Zutter Cover-All so that they stay protected in my purse.


The second one is a little first aid kit that has band aids, wipes, tweezers etc. for all those little emergencies. Again I used the 3x4 Zutter Cover-All to hold them but for this one I added some Maya Road envelopes to hold more stuff.



To make the pockets for this size project I cut my paper to 6" x 6" then scored it at 3" on one side then turn a quarter turn and score it at 2". The 3" score is to fold the paper in half then the 2" score folds up to make the pockets. Bind (with your Bind-it-All!)along the open edge and voila you have 2 little pockets.

You could also make a mini sewing kit if you are inclined.  Really, the uses for these simple little pockets are endless!  Start with a 3X4 Zutter Cover-All and you can't go wrong!

Zutter Zister DT Member Fleur Smith

4 comments:

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

thanks for the pocket tut!

Scrappymama Elaine said...

thank you so much! I'm considering buying a bia this upcoming black friday, hoping for a coupon so I can get a great deal. Love these two ideas.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this! TFS!!! -Sam :-)

pamala said...

Such a cute mini! Love the pockets!