Monday, June 15, 2009

Man Made - Hand Made Challenge!

It's time for another challenge!!

This one comes straight from the hubby--you know, with Father's Day approaching it's time to think of projects for dad. So what better way to get your gift for dad ready AND possibly win a prize than another fun Zutter Challenge!

MAN MADE - HAND MADE Challenge

Create a project using Zutter Canvas Covers or Zutter Clipboard Wood Covers!* These durable products are just the ticket for projects that will be handled alot. Plus their weight and texture are perfect for masculine projects (think Father's Day!). Show us your best handiwork (made for a man) using Zutter Canvas Covers or Zutter Clipboard Wood Covers. You might even win a prize:

The First Place Winner will receive:
  • Bind It All Around the World Book
  • Display-It-All

TWO Runner's Up
will each receive a Display-It-All.


Post a link to your project in the comments on this post by June 30, 2009. The Zutter Zisters will then choose the winners and announce them in July. *If you don't have any Canvas Artboard or Clipboard Wood handy, show us your stuff with chipboard....but we know you will love these materials too!

Need a little inspiration? Here's a Bind-It-All project I made for my husband using clipboard wood and scrap o-wires:



Dad’s Memo Board



My husband works in an office and he has surrounded himself with photos of our children, stuck to the wall with tape and thumbtacks. He really needs a nicer place to keep our kids! I created a "manly" memo board for him to hang at his desk with a photo of the kids.


He can also put photos or notes on the post it note pad or little corkboard section of the memo center. I also added some scrap o-wires across the bottom for him to hang keys and lanyards for his ID badges.


After binding several books I am usually left with odd piece of o-wires so this project is a perfect use for all those “scraps”. I used a nice sturdy piece of Zutter’s Clipboard Wood Covers to mount the project on—it will hold up to all the man-handling it will get hanging on my husband’s wall at work.


Supplies:

O-Wires, Clipboard Wood – Zutter

Paper – Close to My Heart

Cardstock – Bazzill

Cork – Unknown

Sticky Notes – Kirkland/Costco

Stick Pins – Staples

Waxy Twine – hydrangeahippo.etsy.com

Ink – Colorbox Chalk

Photo – Gypsy Isle Photography


Assembly:

1. Cut paper to the size of the clipboard wood and cover both sides. Ink all edges. Cut a piece of black to 1” smaller than the clipboard wood on all sides and adhere to the board.

2. Using the Bind It All, punch binding holes across the bottom of the board.



3. Adhere the cork board and sticky notepad to the cardstock.

4. Add a 3” square photo above the notepad.

5. Insert o-wires into the holes on the bottom of the board. Bend them closed slightly by hand.

6. Punch two holes in each of the upper corners of the board using the Bind It All. Use the holes printed on the top of the machine as a guide to only slide the board far enough in so that the machine will only cut two holes.

7. Tie waxy twine through each of the holes on the top of the board to form a hanger.


Enjoy! I cannot wait to see what you create with the Clipboard Wood Covers and Canvas Covers! Remember, the deadline is June 30, 2009!

8 comments:

Eveline said...

That looks great. What a good idea to use up your o-wires like this.
Eveline.

Anonymous said...

looks fabulous

Jan Hennings said...

Love this great project, great gift and functional :)

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This is fantastic! Love it!

Kathy Floen said...

I loved this challenge! :) I have to admit I was a little inspired by the project Jennifer did. I hope I did your project justice, Jennifer! :) :) Thanks so much for a great challenge! :)Here is the link to my blog where I have pics of my project: http://kathy-thebeautifullife.blogspot.com/2009/06/zutters-man-made-hand-made-challenge.html

feli said...

Here's my take for the challenge...
http://filiksia.blogspot.com/2009/06/timeless-altered-display.html

Melissa E said...

Here is a link to my entry:
http://melissasmentions.blogspot.com/

This is my first Bind It All project and I'm so pleased It's an 18-calendar to keep track of our dog's medication. Now, my son doesn't have to call me at work to see if he needs to give Franklin his pills or if I took care of it. :-)

Angela Christenson said...

Well I don't have the products to use that you are calling for but here is what I made with my bind it all... http://photography4me.blogspot.com/2009/05/liscence-plate-album_07.html