This one comes straight from the hubby--you know, with Father's Day approaching it's time to think of projects for dad. So what better way to get your gift for dad ready AND possibly win a prize than another fun Zutter Challenge!
Create a project using Zutter Canvas Covers or Zutter Clipboard Wood Covers!* These durable products are just the ticket for projects that will be handled alot. Plus their weight and texture are perfect for masculine projects (think Father's Day!). Show us your best handiwork (made for a man) using Zutter Canvas Covers or Zutter Clipboard Wood Covers. You might even win a prize:
- Bind It All Around the World Book
TWO Runner's Up will each receive a Display-It-All.
Post a link to your project in the comments on this post by June 30, 2009. The Zutter Zisters will then choose the winners and announce them in July. *If you don't have any Canvas Artboard or Clipboard Wood handy, show us your stuff with chipboard....but we know you will love these materials too!
Need a little inspiration? Here's a Bind-It-All project I made for my husband using clipboard wood and scrap o-wires:
Dad’s Memo Board
My husband works in an office and he has surrounded himself with photos of our children, stuck to the wall with tape and thumbtacks. He really needs a nicer place to keep our kids! I created a "manly" memo board for him to hang at his desk with a photo of the kids.
He can also put photos or notes on the post it note pad or little corkboard section of the memo center. I also added some scrap o-wires across the bottom for him to hang keys and lanyards for his ID badges.
After binding several books I am usually left with odd piece of o-wires so this project is a perfect use for all those “scraps”. I used a nice sturdy piece of Zutter’s Clipboard Wood Covers to mount the project on—it will hold up to all the man-handling it will get hanging on my husband’s wall at work.
O-Wires, Clipboard Wood – Zutter
Paper – Close to My Heart
Cardstock – Bazzill
Sticky Notes – Kirkland/Costco
Stick Pins – Staples
Waxy Twine – hydrangeahippo.etsy.com
Ink – Colorbox Chalk
Photo – Gypsy
Assembly:1. Cut paper to the size of the clipboard wood and cover both sides. Ink all edges. Cut a piece of black to 1” smaller than the clipboard wood on all sides and adhere to the board.
2. Using the Bind It All, punch binding holes across the bottom of the board.
3. Adhere the cork board and sticky notepad to the cardstock.
4. Add a 3” square photo above the notepad.
5. Insert o-wires into the holes on the bottom of the board. Bend them closed slightly by hand.
6. Punch two holes in each of the upper corners of the board using the Bind It All. Use the holes printed on the top of the machine as a guide to only slide the board far enough in so that the machine will only cut two holes.
7. Tie waxy twine through each of the holes on the top of the board to form a hanger.