Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Babies & Grads

June is a big month for weddings, graduations, babies, Father’s Day….so many scrappable events! Thought I would share two Bind-it-All projects I made for two of these occasions.

Baby Shower Memory Cover-All

I threw a baby shower this month for my co-worker, Paulette, and her first baby, a girl, she and her husband are naming Myla. I am really excited about her baby-to come and was happy to host the shower. Paulette is one of those people who is always cheerful and positive – I love that about her! She calls everyone “love bug” so we themed her baby shower with lady bugs.


I made this Cover-All for the shower, for all the guests to write notes in to her and baby Myla. I made a dedication page for the inside cover, decorated the outside with lady bug paper (I also made thank you notes for Paulette with the same paper) and plenty of blank white cardstock for the inner pages. We passed it around the shower on a tray, with an array of different colored journaling pens. When I got the shower photos, I added those in and voila! A memory book to treasure! It makes a really special gift and easy to put together, since all the shower guests do a lot of the journaling work!


(yes, that is Franny with a balloon under her shirt taking a picture with the mommy-to-be!)

Baby girls are always showered with pink, so I love that this paper wasn't just pink...it adds a nice contrast to all the pink presents she did receive! I also liked using the baby blue owire....again, it add something different (plus it went better with this paper!)

Graduation Mini

Talk about fast….this is one I put together in one night – maybe in an hour, tops! Zutter owires and 4X4 covers, cardstock, one sheet of patterned paper, and stickers and embellishments (all from Creative Imaginations). All the pages are 4X4, so “zing” right through the Dreamkuts they went! I rounded all the corners with the 1/4" Round-it-All. For one page, I cut a 4X8, folded it along the center and glued the outside edge to form the pocket (the inside edge gets punched for the inner edge). Use a circle punch to make the little half-circular opening at the top. The stickers are what makes it all come together so well. Now all I need are pictures of my daughter’s 8th grade graduation….I hope she does well on her finals this week! ARGH!


The Creative Imaginations sticker sheet had tabs (perfect for the pages) and circles (which I made into owire decorations and mini tags). B&W gingham ribbon worked perfect with this book; and I used a creamy bling cardstock to add some sheen. Gotta have sparkle.


What June events are you punching and binding?

6 comments:

jackiescrafts said...

Great makes I especially like the graduation book, it's given me an idea for when my daughter graduates next year

Eveline said...

Looks great.
Eveline.

connie said...

great projects! I LOVE the graduation album!

voodoo vixen said...

Love that graduation album, great for this time of year!!

Sara said...

I'm so in LOVE with the ladybug shower album!!! You're getting my mind racing!

Blessed Ladybug said...

thansk for the wonderful idea .. i'm gong to make myself a Bridal shower boo....so everyone can write a message....thanks .. keep up the great work... check out my blog if you get a chance..