Friday, November 25, 2011

The Girls Layout - with the Distrezz-it-All & Corrugated Board!

We are pleased to share this project with you from the
Design Team from Donna Salazar Designs 
featuring the Zutter Distrezz-it-All and Zutter Corrugated Board.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
While I was at the Scrapping Frenzy convention in Alabama I had a chance to make this layout.  The photos are of me with my mom and sisters from my last trip out to Arizona.
As you can see in the photo below there was a whole lotta Distrezzin' goin on! I used my Distrezz-it-All from Zutter on the background paper ("Textures" Memory Mosaics), on the Artistic Paper, on the photo mats ("Nana's Notebook" from Trunk in the Attic), on the extra corrugated  board die cut with my Creative Pages set (the first one) and then right on the photos themselves! I Smooch Spritzed the Artistic Paper with "Caramel Latte" and the new "Cashmere" color. I also inked the edges of almost EVERYTHING with my new Mix'd Media Inx from Clearsnap.
SAM_2905
Below is a double butterfly made with my Wonderful Wings Spellbinder dies. I die cut the lacey part out of my Artistic Paper and the background part from shipping labels. I used the sticky side of the sticker to adhere Fairydust Glitter in Pralines & Cream. The fancy tag was die cut from my 8x8 paper pad that has "Compatible" images that you can die cut from the Spellbinder dies and then to make it even more fabulous, I added the bling from Want2Scrap that matched the fancy tags as well!
SAM_2907
In the photo below, I die cut the lacey strip from my Creative Pages Two set out of my Corrugated board from Zutter, embossed it and inked it with my "Truffle" Mix'd Media Inx, then wrinkled it and made a ruffle out of it. Before I distrezzed the Artistic Paper I tore it to make it smaller (I shoulda used a paper trimmer) and I ended up tearing a long gash in it. I had bought a Sew Easy months ago but hadn't had a chance to play with it yet. However, I was sitting next to Monica at the crop and she had one so I got to try it out. The result is the stitching with the super thick string below. The Smooch Spritz was still damp on the string when I used my Inx on it and since they are water based the Inx blended really nicely. I also fussy cut the roses out of my Antiquities paper and embossed them with clear emboss to make them stand out.
SAM_2908
The structured flower below is made with my Rose Creations dies from Spellbinders and Artistic Paper. The rose was Smooch Spritzed with "Cashmere". The smaller flowers were made from my Grand Peony Creations and my Crafty Chronicle and was Smooch Spritzed with "Caramel Latte". The leaves are from an oooooold Spellbinder set and I Smooch Spritzed them with my new "Evergreen" color. The bling swirls are from Want2Scrap and they are called Finesse Swirls. I cut them all apart and make the swirls go the way I need them to go... it is super easy to do.
SAM_2909
On the left you can see a couple layers of my Shadow Flowers from Spellbinders. The medium sized die was used with my Crafty Chronicle for the Shadow Flower with the text and the large Shadow Flower was used with shipping labels with the glitter on the sticky side.
SAM_2911
In the photo below you can see the Distrezzing a little better. And just in case you are wondering... I'll list who is in the pictures from left to right in the large photo: Me, my younger sister (DeeAnna), my mom (Nancy), and my older sister (Debbie).
SAM_2912
In the photo below you can see the title letters that I cut out using my new "Donna's Aphas" from Spellbinders (We were soooo original on the naming of that die... LOL). I die cut the letters out of my Corrugated Board from Zutter, Spritzed them with the new "Gingerale" Smooch Spritz and inked the edges with my new Mix'd Media Inx in "Truffle". You can also see the extra Corrugated board behind the letters and this was entirely inked with the "Truffle" as well. **TIP - When you ink over a large area, make sure that you pat the pad over the surface you want to ink and don't drag the pad across. This can help extend the life of your Inx pads.** You can also see the second set of roses that were fussy cut from my Antiquities paper and embossed with Clear Emboss from Clearsnap.
SAM_2913
In the photo below you can see the "Compatible" image that was die cut from my Artistic Paper Journal Cards. I Smooch Spritzed the card with "Cashmere" and while it was still damp I inked the edges with my Mix'd Media Inx in Truffle. You can also see the second medium Shadow Flower cut from my Crafty Chronicle behind the journal card and you can see that both the Chronicle Shadow Flowers were inked with my Mix'd Media Inx in "Truffle".
SAM_2915
In the photo below you can see the medium shadow flower (cut from a shipping label and glittered on the sticky side with Pralines & Cream Fairydust) peeking out from the bottom. I also added a dymo label behind the opening on the page tab (that is from my Creative Pages Two die set from Spellbinders) and adhered it to the Artistic Paper. I finished the layout by using my vintage Dymo labeler to add "THE GIRLS" to the center of the Fancy Tag.
SAM_2916
  Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments: