Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It's a party...

and I'll scrap it if I want to :)

I recently went to my boss' 70th birthday party and we were asked not to bring presents. I thought instead I would take lots of pictures and make him a mini album to remember the day. So, it's a gift, but not a gift, if that makes sense. We had a great time and they asked my husband, who is a musician, to sing at the party.  And, when they heard that my youngest son also sings they asked if he would as well (that's them below singing "Hey Soul Sister" in the photo below!). It was a great night and I had so much fun creating this mini album for him.

I started by covering a Zutter 6" x 6" Cover-All* with patterned paper then added some embellishments. When I do a masculine mini album I try and keep the embellishments to a minimum.  But this is so pretty, it doesn't really look "minimum" to the non-scrappy eye!  ;)


I kept the inside fairly simple and added some extra pages (in case they wanted to add other photos) and a pocket page to keep a copy of the invitation in.  You can create flaps and folds with your pages and punch how you wish with the Bind-it-All.  Bind all the pages together, and you have a gift....well, a non-gift.... that will be treasured!



It was a great way to celebrate this special occasion with them and for them to have something to remember it by.

* Zutter's original Cover-Alls are on clearance.  These being one of the easiest and quickest way to use your Bind-it-All for albums, snap some up while you can!

Zutter Zisters Design Team Member Fleur Smith

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a thoughtful idea. Even though your boss said no gifts, I'm sure he was still touched by receiving this album.